Friday, June 21, 2013

room by room : living

I have been so excited about doing this post... Like, had to make myself spend time with Kyle when he gets home instead of editing pictures non-stop, excited.  Which means I just started REALLY playing with the pics this morning.  And it became a job.  Not a fun one.  There are just way too many things I want to do to this room... and that isn't very easy to do quickly in Photoshop like I did the past 2 days :/.  So I'm totally not happy with the "dreaming" pictures because well lets face it... I want to find prints... but haven't actually found anything I like yet...and lets face it... I couldn't draw it on here even if I had... so I'm really just TRYING to show some color scheme to you... which looks better in my head than on my poorly Photoshopped drawings.

So here it is...

the living room:

This is from the dining room.  I am in love with that window.  I can't wait to get some plantation blinds in place so we can take down the sheet we nailed over it and actually have some sunshine come in during the day.  

Top top priority for this room is blinds... which we should be dealing with this weekend.  After that... the main large purchases I intend to use our dwindling decorating budget on are new throw pillows and a large rug for this room.  Eventually I would like to do something about curtains... whether hanging to frame it or just a flat modern topper for color.  We have time to deal with that later though.  Not shown in this picture, we are planning to paint the room grey this weekend... too much photoshopping... I couldn't handle it.  But basically the theme is going to be grays and yellows in various shades, maybe some green thrown in.

I swear the front door isn't orange... more of a brick red... but oh well.  I couldn't get the colors right on this one.  Bear with me.  There's the awesome cat tower I mentioned yesterday.  I know you are super excited.  I know Zoe is.  She barely leaves it.  I just love how big this room is.

I tried to color the walls gray, it almost worked, but I am planning a little darker gray than that.  

The media area.  The little window is looking out into the carport.  I will eventually put some hanging curtains on it for a little privacy, but right now the priority is the giant window that everyone can see into from the street.

The bookcase behind the sofa.  I brought this with us to Louisville from Owensboro... I'm so glad I splurged on this thing.  We just love it.  The box on top of it is an old canon ammo box a friend and I found at our favorite antique shop in Louisville.  As you can see on the left side of the picture, that doorway used to have a door... we took it off on our first day in the house... it serves no purpose to have a door when you aren't actually able to keep anyone out since we have the big cut out leading into the dining room.  We will fill the holes and paint over it soon.

Not shown:  behind the loveseat, I would like to put a little sofa table someday.  None of the pictures show that there is a lightless ceiling fan.  All other rooms in the house have overhead lights except for the living room.  Kyle's main request for the entire house is that we replace that fan with one that has a light kit in it.  So that might be happening relatively soon as well.

Kyle's parents are on their way over to visit for the next several days so I will be taking a break until next week.  Come back later for more of the room by room series.  If you have missed out on the other rooms I have covered then here they are:


Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Such a great start to the room already, with the gorgeous floors and windows (love the front door too!). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - I love gray + yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shouldn't be too difficult to turn into your dream rooms. You already have a beautiful space to work with!

    Oh and I moved my blog and made it private! If you'd like to follow along with me, shoot me an email and I'll add you as a reader. You can now find me at http://thenewsomefamilydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.