Thursday, September 26, 2013

thankful thursday


It has been a while since I wrote a Thankful Thursday post.  And I hate that.  I read a blog post the other day about finding the flowers instead of the weeds (you know... like dandelions make people mad because they are weeds but to a kid its a pretty flower).  That sort of perspective on life.  It reminded me that I have stopped remembering what I am thankful for lately.  So here we go.

friendship.  I am incredibly grateful for having found some friends down here.  It has made this whole move easier knowing that there are a couple people I can depend on if I really need some help.  Not only that, but some of these people pursue me.  That is so refreshing.  I'm usually the one having to instigate conversations/plans, but its been really nice to have a few girls checking in on me through the week... and inviting me out.

rest.  Now this is a flower from a weed.  I'm still recouping from pushing my body too far this weekend.  I'm really uncomfortable when I walk around but it is getting better everyday.  I have gone out a little but only for dinner (sitting) and I spent time with a friend at her house last night (more sitting).  It is good to rest.  The worst of the projects are finished in the house so all that is left is simple crafty things that I can do while laying in bed.  

this blog.  This is officially my 100th post on the blog.  It has been a process figuring out what I want this to be.  I'm never 100% satisfied with the direction I have gone with it but right now it works.  It has been a good outlet for thoughts, and an even better way of updating everyone back home on how our life down here is going.  No matter what... it makes me think.  And that is a blessing in itself.  

So what are you thankful for this week?

As usual I am linking up with Julia at BlackTagDiaries.

Thankful Thursdays Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.