Tuesday, September 24, 2013

social life and progress.

Last week I had the pleasure of spending time with the residency moms for another play-date.  As I mentioned before, we took their kids to Snow Fest at the local ice rink about 2 miles from my house.  I think they had a lot of fun!  There was bouncing, snow ball throwing, and a train ride!  I can't wait until Myles is able to join the mix, but until then I had fun capturing the festivities :-).


The rest of the afternoon I spent shopping around town for the last few things to be able to actually work on my long list of projects.  I finally found a great $1 piece of reclaimed wood from Habitat's ReStore, so I hit Home Depot for brackets to build a 5ft long shelf on Myles' wall for about $7.  While over that way, a local fabric store was having a 50% off sale, so I also found some fabric to line the back of the bookcase I am using to store baby things in Myles' closet.  Grabbing staples from Target allowed me to also finish some display frames for another decoration idea for the baby room.  Now that the shelf is hung, I will be able to finally decorate a bit this week!


It feels really good to get that stuff off of my list.  Kyle's parents came in this weekend as well so they were able to knock off another thing from the list for me!  My laundry room is no longer beige!  I hope to post more on that later.  We had a busy weekend and I am whooped.  I'm really starting to realize just how much I HAVE to slow down.. my body just can't take my normal pace anymore.  

So how about you?  Did you get any projects completed over the weekend?  It feels great doesn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.