Monday, April 29, 2013

weekend replay : while the hubby's away

Kyle went home on Saturday morning to be with his grandpa.  His grandparents have been moved into his parent's home and his grandfather is going downhill fast.  I'm glad that he is done with his rotations and just waiting for graduation so that he can spend as much time there as he can.  

So what did I do this weekend?  Friday night we went and saw Oblivion.  It was fantastic.  Kyle was a little disappointed in the ending but I loved the whole movie.  

Saturday, Kyle left and I relaxed on the couch.  I eventually left the apartment and hit up World Market for the deal they were having (buy1get1free Italian Soda) and happened to run across my favorite chinese candy a coworker brings me from her trips home.  Score!

Saturday night was the main event.  My bestie Hannah is a cop and worked some special security this past week... and was able to land us some GREAT tickets to the show in town.   A night at the Barnum and Bailey circus!!!  Four adult women went to the circus.  Surrounded by tiny kids and their parents, we had a blast!  It was both Hannah and I's first real circus experience.  While a bit hokey at times, it was so much fun!  We definitely got into the show and held our breaths a lot during the acrobatics!  I wish I had thought to take my good camera but I assumed it wouldn't be allowed.. I was wrong and had to just deal with the camera on my phone.  I did manage to get one great shot of the elephants!



Sunday was a pretty normal day.  Woke up early, went to church at 11 with my brother, and convinced him to fight downtown parking issues to go to Chipotle with me.  Louisville just got its first Chipotle about a month ago or so and I have been dying to go!  We had planned to end the day at the park, but the weather just didn't cooperate.  So instead I did a few chores and hit up the grocery.  

It was a pretty great weekend.  I miss Kyle but I handle him being gone pretty well.  I've gotten used to it after the various month long trips for his Air Force duties the past few years.  I'm so happy he is with his grandfather now.  A part of me felt like I was with them yesterday.  When his parents were in last weekend my mother-in-law mentioned reading his favorite Psalm to him the week before and told me it was Psalm 22.  Whadya know but our sermon yesterday was over the same Psalm.  Such a great chapter, I was glad to get to hear it at that time.  The chapter begins as many (all) of us have felt at some point in time or another, completely broken, crying out to God for help because sometimes it just feels like He is gone.  But it ends in such happy realization that He has heard our cries in suffering.  He is faithful to his people.  He has conquered it all.  

verse of the day: Psalm 22

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me,
    so far from my cries of anguish?
My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
    by night, but I find no rest.
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
    you are the one Israel praises.
In you our ancestors put their trust;
    they trusted and you delivered them.
To you they cried out and were saved;
    in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
But I am a worm and not a man,
    scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
    they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
“He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
    “let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
    since he delights in him.”
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
    you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
    from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
    for trouble is near
    and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
    strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
    open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
    and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
    it has melted within me.
15 My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,
    and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
    you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
    a pack of villains encircles me;
    they pierce my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
    people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
    and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
    You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
    my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
    save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22 I will declare your name to my people;
    in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
    All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
    Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
    the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him 
   
    but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
    before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
    those who seek the Lord will praise him—
    may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth
    will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
    will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
    and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
    all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
    those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
    future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
    declaring to a people yet unborn:
    He has done it!

1 comment:

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.