Thursday, April 18, 2013

thankful thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:


blog friend recipes.  This week I tried a new soup recipe my friend Amy posted about recently.  Turkey Sausage, Kale, and Tortellini Soup.  And it was DELICIOUS.  I tweaked it quite a bit... made it spicier.. added water so there would be more broth... improvised a little... but it was awesome.  I'm very thankful for the bountiful leftovers that I am currently enjoying.


signing the contract.  This was a little more complicated that anticipated.  We signed everything, and then found an error Monday evening on the amount we were financing (we would have been out an additional $2K)... so they had to cancel the contract.  And then it took 2 more days to get the new contract to us because they got busy with another account.  So basically we resigned everything 2 hours before the seller cancelled the deal.  Because they were annoyed with how long it was taking.  And boy, so was I.  But that part is over and inspections are scheduled for next week.


birthday weeks.  This week was my brother and I's birthdays (we are 3 years and 1 day apart).  We had our weekly church group meeting on my birthday... but that didn't stop the celebrations... They loved on me big time.  Carrot cake, Nord's Bakery cookies and donuts, cheesecake.  Those people know how to party, and about half of them just met me 2 months ago.  Thats love people.  How cute is that KY cookie?? My Russian friend told me I had to eat it all because I was leaving it.

This week I am linking up with

Thankful Thursdays Button

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so happy you enjoyed the soup! That stinks about the error in your contract--how stressful. I hope inspections go well and everything else is smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything else with the house goes smoothly. Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.