Monday, May 20, 2013

weekend replay : goodbyes and uncertainty

This weekend began the end of our time in Louisville.

Things that happened:

the last time I turned dog sitter for my aunt's friend (yay house money!)

the first time to watch a movie in the new theater they have been building for a while before we move (Star Trek)

last time to browse estate sales in Louisville with my aunt

a going away party hosted by some dear friends from our first year here for us and another couple leaving soon (to go to Morocco)

Unfortunately we are no longer certain as to when our closing/moving is going to happen.  Very unhappy with our current experience with our mortgage group.  We feel like we are babysitting to get anything done.  While we DO have a little time to play with, (we planned on closing the 24th and being in our house on the 3rd but don't have to be out of our apartment until the 7th) the amount of uncertainty with all of it is creating a very uncomfortable state of limbo for me.  The 24th is looking more and more like a fairy tale ending that would have been the perfect time to allow work to be done on the house before moving the furniture in.  The uncertainty with all of it is keeping us from being able to book a moving truck or carpet cleaner (our lease says we have to clean them before we leave).  Both of which are better booked in advance.  And while worrying about this... I keep feeling the weight of how much there is left to do before I leave my job... and seeing as there isn't anyone to replace me or that has ever done what I am doing... it has to be done in the next 2 weeks so my boss can turn it into a paper.  This is exhausting. 

yay donuts.

How is everyone else handling the pre-move stress right now?


1 comment:

  1. Yikes. We had some issues with our closing date getting pushed back/being unclear as well. Fortunately we weren't moving across the country and didn't have to be out of our apartment by any certain date, so we didn't feel the stress of that... but, yeah, banks stink when it comes to closing. I hope everything works out for you! I think for us, being nagging and constantly bugging the bank worked in our favor.

    I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.