Tuesday, May 21, 2013

convicted

Last night in my sorrow and stress I did a lot of complaining about the house situation.  I'm still not over it but I am trying.

I'm slowly working through the Psalms right now.  Last night after I wrote and posted my Weekend Replay, I read Psalm 23.

1 A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need. 2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. 3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. 4 Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. 6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

This situation is frustrating.  There is no denying that.  But I don't have to just let it ruin my life.  How blessed am I?!  At the same moment that people were losing EVERYTHING in Oklahoma yesterday, I was (and am) more concerned about getting the house that I want and moving in when I want to.  God doesn't promise me that house.  He doesn't promise me to move in 2 weeks before Kyle starts orientation so that we can relax together.  But he does promise me blessings beyond measure.  A heavenly home with him FOREVER.  Why does that truth never blare in my sight as the reality I face in Christ?  Why is his protection and comfort not enough?

Convicted.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.