Friday, June 12, 2015

foodie friday : chicken thighs


Kyle's mom found this recipe when we went to visit last month.  Honey-garlic-soy marinade and the slow cooker make these super simple.  I really don't know why I don't use chicken thighs more.  They are cheap, they are moist and extremely flavorful compared to most whole chicken breast recipes.  The recipe for these was a bit salty for me so I cut the soy sauce in half, and bone-in thighs were what was on sale so I cut the skin off and tossed them in.  


I just served them on a bed of jasmine rice and since I didn't have any sides that I thought would go with them, I just grabbed some green onion from the garden, some leftover mushrooms, and frozen peas and quickly sautéed them.  My only wish was that there had been more of all that!


I also decided to wisk in some corn starch to thicken the sauce to more of a gravy consistency.  The result was pretty great!  Kyle and Myles both really enjoyed them.  We will be using this recipe again.


1 comment:

  1. Morning- I saw the chicken on Gator Mom-

    Always looking for new chicken recipes since chicken so so much cheaper then beef!

    Will have to try this- thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.