Tuesday, November 26, 2013

the day I conquered the world

at least it felt like I did.

I have had this big problem of feeling like my life was going to be over once I had a kid.  Now that I have one, things aren't so bad... but he is also a really really good baby.  Sure I have had a few meltdowns and rough spots, but all in all, he is a dream.

So what does the thought above, freezing cold heavy rain, and the need to go to the grocery before Thanksgiving and the diapers run out, translate to?  A challenge.

I didn't have to face it.  A good friend that had plans to visit, lovingly offered to run to the store for me.  And I almost let her.  But I'm headstrong and I thought:

I have a newborn and it is not the end of the world.  I take care of him almost exclusively alone so I might as well suck it up and get out on the worst weather day we have had yet... its not always going to be sunshine and I sure don't want to cower at home in fear of doing anything I want to do.  Sure, today is just a trip to the grocery, but tomorrow might be lunch with a friend...why miss out on the fun?

So I went.

And I took my time.


And he slept.

And with that one trip, I felt like I conquered the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.