Wednesday, August 5, 2015

currently


creating : more bibs.  There is a bit of a baby boom happening in our circle of friends right now... So I broke out the sewing machine from its long hiatus.  I also picked up a cute yard of fabric on clearance last week and am thinking about trying to make my first piece of clothing soon.

wishlisting : since discovering that you can buy select colors in the Sensationail at home gel starter kit on Amazon for about $35 versus $50 in stores, I have been seriously considering this purchase.  Maybe.

hoping anticipating : I have followed @cuppakim on Instagram of a year waiting for this year's Mug Swap to start back up after seeing a friend participate last year.  And then I missed the sign up this weekend.  And then I just happened to check my IG right after she opened up 50 extra spots last night.  So I'm in!  This is similar to the #scarfament national gift swap I did last Christmas, I will send someone a mug and someone else will send me one... a way to make new "friends" and have fun.  This is also a fundraiser for a couple currently adopting 2 littles from overseas!

eating : I recently downloaded the Yummly app on my Kindle and so far I like it.  It found me this pork chop stroganoff recipe which was so easy and so amazing.  Next I plan on trying these chicken zucchini poppers.  Yum!

watching : We got rid of cable a couple of months ago.  But that hasn't stopped us from watching a show at a time via streaming services.  Currently, I have just started watching Lost (I put it off as long as I could...) while Kyle is at work.  We just finished getting caught up on Grimm together so will probably start back to SyFy's Defiance.

What are you currently up to?

As always, I am linking up with Anne and Jenna!  Go say hi!

2 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Currently link-up. :) = Love that you're handmaking bibs for your friends! What a lovely sentimental gift. Good luck sewing a piece of clothing! I've never attempted that, I usually just refashion existing pieces. Also, my husband and I love Lost! It took a few episodes for me to really get hooked, but once I was, there was no stopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to have a show you watch on your own so it's not so bad when the hubby's off at work :) Also ooooh that nail kit - definitely need a review if you try it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, I reserve the right to remove comments that may be seen as offensive.